Subject: Re: More [free] NT: WRONG !!
From: [email-masked] (John vanVlaanderen)

24 Sep 1998 03:49:32 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

>> Well the shitheads @ M$, or is it MK$, just trashed my cygnus 
install.
>> A lot got erased from /bin, and dll's are missing as well.

Its not your fault.

The past 2 weeks on this NT box have led to a number of problems that 
never seemed to be unix issues, stuff working for some people, not for 
others.  This marks the 14th day that I have ever used a M$ product.

Everything I have ever heard about M$ indicates that this sort of stuff 
is bound to happen since you are prevented from peering under the hood 
or at least you do so @ your own risk.

The reinstall worked and I got all that stuff back, but then my path got 
updated, and I am not sure where.  Maddening.

Now xterm is broken completely.

I put Cygnus before and MKS after but which should I put in the /bin 
directory. 

Using my xterm problems as an example, I would like to know if there is 
a way to install applicatons, with dlls in a side directory until the 
executables can be bundled w/ one of the "offical products" after the 
necessary testing.  Links, aliases, and path changes could access that.  
This is the sort of stuff I did when I was working w/ the chaotic nature 
of gnuplot releases.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".