Subject: Re: gcc produces foo.exe, not foo
From: [email-masked] (Ben Elliston)

23 Sep 1998 17:05:21 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Arne Glenstrup <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

> What is the standard way of circumventing this problem? Simply writing
>           mv foo.exe bar.exe
> is not a full solution, because that is not portable. Is it necessary to
> write some autoconf stuff to check what the extension of the executable
> resulting from calling gcc is?

Yes, that's right.  The next version of autoconf will have a new macro
called `AC_EXEEXT' which will probe your system and make a subsitution
variable available for your Makefile.in called @EXEEXT@.  It typically has
the value "" or ".exe".

Ben

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".