Subject: Re: some unusual errors
From: [email-masked] (Michael Richardson)

23 Sep 1998 08:24:57 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Dalgaard BSA <[email-masked]> writes:

    Peter> Michael Richardson <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> >> strtod.c:1239: warning: subscript has type `char' >> which confuses
    >> me. What, if not "char" should isspace() take???
    >> 
    Michael> As all is<xxx> functions it takes an *int* or *unsigned char* !
    >>
    Michael> int isalnum (int c); int isalpha (int c);
    >>  Why would you say "unsigned char"??  It says "int" to me.  So, a
    >> signed char should promote to int just fine.

    Peter> ...with everything above 127 mapping to negative numbers!

  Yes. That's my problem. 
  The macro is wrong: it should behave in the same way as a prototyped
function.

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |For a better connected world,where data flows faster<tm>
 Personal: <A HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html">[email-masked]</A>. PGP key available.
 Corporate: <A HREF="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>. 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".