Subject: More NT inetd questions
From: [email-masked] (Charles Wilson)

22 Sep 1998 09:07:44 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I have gnu-win up and running, and am trying to set up Sergey's remote
tools package. I have installed inetd as a service using srvany, and it
seems to start running ok - at least according to the "services" control
panel applet. It is running under a local account, "services" which is a
member of the "Users" group, but with permission added to allow: "Act as
part of operating system," "Replace a process level token," and
"Increase quotas." However, I can't seem to telnet into my machine. Even
using localhost, I get the following:

cwilson : BELGARION :  ~ > telnet localhost
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to belgarion.res.gatech.edu
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foriegn host.
cwilson : BELGARION : ~ >

I get similar transcripts telnetting in from other machines. However, I
know that _something_ is running, because if I stop inetd from the
"services" control panel applet, the transcript looks like this:

cwilson : BELGARION :  ~ > telnet localhost
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: error 111
cwilson : BELGARION : ~ >

Does anyone know what the problem is, and how to fix it?

--Chuck Wilson

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".