Subject: Shortcuts and shortcuts do not mix [Was: cd'ing to a shortcut]
From: [email-masked] (Larry Smith)

22 Sep 1998 06:28:19 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Matthew O. Persico" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michael Weiser <[email-masked]>,
        "Jose I. Cabrera" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
        [email-masked]

Windows shortcuts and cygnus symbolic links are two different
animals. The cygnus code does its best to implement the semantics of
Unix semantic links without help from the operating system. And as far
as the Cygnus code is concerned, a .lnk file is just another
binary-format file with some wierd contents. Whether your program of
interest chooses to follow through cygnus symbolic links or Windows
shortcut files (or both) is up to the application.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".