Subject: Re: Shortcuts and shortcuts do not mix [Was: cd'ing to a shortcut]
From: [email-masked] (Charles G Waldman)

22 Sep 1998 06:02:36 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Jonathan Harris <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Jonathan Harris writes:
 > 
 > XEmacs doesn't currently understand cygwin shortcuts or Explorer
 > shortcut files 

Unless the XEmacs has been built under the Cygwin environment - in
which case cygwin shortcuts are handled by the cygwin dll and look to
XEmacs just like normal Unix symbolic links.

If you're a Cygwin user, you will be much happier running an XEmacs
built for Cygwin, rather than the "native" Win32 version - because of
stuff like your Cygwin mount tables, CR/LF handling,  "/" vs "\",
etc...

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".