Subject: RE: Terminal window scroll bars?
From: [email-masked] (Charles G Waldman)

20 Sep 1998 16:34:31 -0700
Message-ID: <13827.50266.615633.983014.cygnus.gnu-win32@sirius>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Calm, Fred" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Scandora, Anthony E., Jr.'" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Calm, Fred writes:
 > > My favorite telnet clients all have scroll bars that allow you to look
 > > back
 > > more than 24 lines.  Can bash do the same?
 > > 
 > Assuming you're running bash in a DOS command window, check out the
 > properties dialog for the Command Prompt shortcut in the Start menu,
 > especially the layout pane. You can set both window size and size of the
 > scroll-back buffer. 

If you're running WinNT.  On Win95 you can't set the window properties
on "DOS" windows.

Assuming you have an X Server available, (I use Hummingbird) and are
willing to do some setup work, you can run an XTerm, which is
better-behaved than the #*&^%* "DOS window".

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".