Subject: Re: Egcs 1.1 having trouble with 'typename'?
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

20 Sep 1998 11:15:40 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Mumit,

[...]
>> might be different, but translated from German it is in "Options /
>> Configuration" and is named "Change LF to CR/LF for tar archive" !
>> This is true for WinZip >= 6.2 !
[...]
>I distribute .tar.gz, instead of .zip, to avoid such issues. I would
>prefer users to follow instructions and use tar instead. Of course,
>the users who know these features of WinZip are welcome to use it,
>but it's unsupported as far as I'm concerned.

Uhm, the above mentioned option is for *tar*, not *zip* archives !!!
Winzip by default also handles .gz und .tgz files - so if one isn't
aware, that he better should use tar und gzip and only double clicks
your archive, ...

>
>Regards,
>Mumit

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".