Subject: Re: Egcs 1.1 having trouble with 'typename'?
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

20 Sep 1998 09:55:34 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Michael Hirmke <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On 19 Sep 1998, Michael Hirmke wrote:

> 
> No - WinZip *can* do this, if you have the correct options set !
> I only have the German version of WinZip, so the name of the option
> might be different, but translated from German it is in "Options /
> Configuration" and is named "Change LF to CR/LF for tar archive" !
> This is true for WinZip >= 6.2 !
> *And this is important for all .zip archives containing Cygnus aware*
> *software, which should be used on mounts=binary !*

Thanks for the info. 

I distribute .tar.gz, instead of .zip, to avoid such issues. I would
prefer users to follow instructions and use tar instead. Of course,
the users who know these features of WinZip are welcome to use it,
but it's unsupported as far as I'm concerned.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".