Subject: Problem with du
From: [email-masked] (Juha Jdykkd)

19 Sep 1998 18:10:52 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>

On NT Server 4SP3+some hotfixes, the following occurs when executing du:
Only the size of the first few directores are displayed. For the rest of
them, du says "du: d:\/WINNT: No such file or directory" although the first
ones have been shown correctly. The command "du" has been run from 4nt shell,
not bash. I have not tested under bash. Under NT's cmd.exe the result is
identical. If the first directories encountered contain subdirectories they
will be displayed correctly.
  I have tried to give du parameters in DOS (\) and unix (/) fashions but
none works. Moreover, if I run "du ..", "du ../" or "du ..\" it will show the
usage of the current (!!!) directory alone. Not a desired behaviour.
  All the directories have the same permissions, owners and attributes.
Anyone got any ideas?

-- 
                 -----------------------------------------------
                | Juha Jäykkä, [email-masked]                    |
                | home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/              |
                | pgp-key: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/pgp.html   |
                | note: now my pgp key really IS there...       |
                 -----------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".