Subject: still having problems doing make install on sources
From: [email-masked] (John Covici)

18 Sep 1998 10:16:25 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

I probably am doing something wrong here, but let me out line what I
did and maybe someone can please, please help!

I used the cdk-src.tar.gz and created the src directory under by
cygnus/b19 directory, then I applied to the winsup directory both the
19.1 update and noer's latest winsup snapshot which is 980916.  Then I
created an obj directory under by b19 directory and ran the following
command
../src/configure --srcdir=../src 
and got the following result:

Configuring for a i586-pc-cygwin32 host.
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     send-pr gprof texinfo target-gperf
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)
Created "Makefile" in /cygnus/b19/obj using "../src/config/mh-cygwin32"
Links are now set up to build a native compiler for i586-pc-cygwin32

Then I ran make install and got the following:

/bin/sh ../src/mkinstalldirs /usr/local /usr/local
Making install in doc
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `archive.c', needed by `archive.lo'.  Stop.
make: *** [install-bfd] Error 2

Should I just ignore the error or is there something else I can do?

Also, why am I getting the message 
"this directory is not supported in" as above?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

-- 
         John Covici
          [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".