Subject: Re: B19.1:bind will not bind usinf the -f option.
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)

18 Sep 1998 10:09:46 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: Alex Wykel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hello Alex, you wrote:
>Upon trying to use the new binding nothing happened.  Investigating the 
>binding for the function showed that the new binding was never made.
bind works quite perfect for me. If I create some file containing

"\e[120~":	beginning-of-line

(yes, I know, it's bogus :) and then run 'bind -f bindings-file' I get

michael@NARGOTHROND:/mnt/f/home/michael >bind -f bindings-file
michael@NARGOTHROND:/mnt/f/home/michael >bind -q beginning-of-line
beginning-of-line can be invoked via "\C-a", "\e[120~", "\e[1~".
michael@NARGOTHROND:/mnt/f/home/michael >

C-a and \e[1~ are predefined in my /etc/inputrc and automatically
bound on every start of bash. If you want to remove those already
existing definitions, you will have to use 'bind -r "\C-a"' for
example.

Hope that helps.
-- 
bye, Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".