Subject: Re: cd'ing to a shortcut
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)

17 Sep 1998 20:30:06 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: "Jose I. Cabrera" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hello Jose, you wrote:
>In my home, I added a shortcut to a directory that I use a lot.
>How can I change to it from bash?  When I cd to the shortcut name,
You simply cannot cd into Windows shortcuts because cygwin32 doesn't
know about .lnk files and their magic. But you can accomplish the same
by creating a link using 'ln -s <existing file> <name of link>' for
example.
-- 
bye, Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".