Subject: Manual Page
From: [email-masked] (Taro Ienaga)

17 Sep 1998 16:57:49 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi, all.

I'm making some tools used by Gnu-Win32 and thinking how does
imprement manual page(s) (eg. unix man command).

My idea is as follows:

  Page Formatting Language: HTML
  Manual Viewer:            WWW Browser

The reason is that most of systems support HTML and have WWW Browser
today.

I want to look up manual pages from Gnu-Win32 (bash) command line and
make a simple imprement just now.  the command, winman, is used as
follows:

  $ winman command

Then winman searchs file 'command.html' in the pathes specified by the
emviroment variables WINMANPAH and open it with the defalt web browser.

My question is there is already implement such above in Internet.  If
it already exists, I stop making my implement and use Internet's.

Thanks,

T.Ienaga

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".