Subject: Problem with a header file
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

16 Sep 1998 15:33:48 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: Cygnus <[email-masked]>

Hi experts

I have the following problem when compiling a test program for the
Oracle call interface. I finally managed to produce a .a file from
a .lib file. Thanks Mumit.

vzell:/src/oracle/oci> make oci02
gcc -o oci02 oci02.c -I. -I/usr/local/include/oci80 -lociw32 -loci
In file included from oci02.c:64:
\usr\local\include\oci80\oratypes.h:169: parse error before `ub8'
\usr\local\include\oci80\oratypes.h:169: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
\usr\local\include\oci80\oratypes.h:183: parse error before `sb8'
\usr\local\include\oci80\oratypes.h:183: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
make: *** [oci02] Error 1

The problem is in the oratypes.h include file:

When I change line 169 (and the same in 183) from

  typedef unsigned _int64 ub8;

to

  typedef unsigned int ub8;

the compiliation succeeds and the program works. I'm not a programmer
so my question is, why does this work? 
By the way, I have a makefile for the MSVC compiler and there this
program compiles with the original include file just fine.

Ciao
  Volker

-- 
___________________________________________________________________________

   "Is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse ..."

                                                 Dr. Volker Zell
      __ /  _  /  __  / ___/  /    ___/          -- Trainer --
     /  /  /__/  /_  / /     /    __/            Oracle Germany
   ____/__/ _|__/ __/____/ ____/____/            Paul-Thomas-Str.58 
                                                 D-40599 Düsseldorf
   e-Mail: mailto:[email-masked]
   Tel:    (+49) 211-74839-414                   
   Fax:    (+49) 211-74839-44
___________________________________________________________________________

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily 
represent those of Oracle Corporation.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".