Subject: Can't find TERM=linux w/Piper's local
From: [email-masked] (Elliot Mednick)

15 Sep 1998 21:33:12 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I am having problems with Andy Piper's local/ package.  Only a few terminal
types are recognized.  vt200 is, vt100 isn't. versaterm is. linux, xterm
isn't.

I have CYGWIN32=tty

I have binary mounts for /usr/bin, /usr/lib, /usr/etc, /usr/local, ...
I have a binary mount for /

I have installed the local using both Winzip and Cygwin32 tar.

I have the latest (19.4) dll.

My test is to run 'tset' to see what terminals can be found. I usually get
"unknown terminal type linux", etc.  But it can see
/usr/local/share/terminfo because *a few* terminals work and when I change
the name of terminfo, none of those can be found.

This *looks* like a binary/text thing, but (I think) I have binary mounts.

Any ideas?  I've been working on this on and off for an embarrasingly long
time.

Thanks!!

--
Elliot Mednick                                      7 Tudor Dr. Suite 300
Wellspring Solutions, Inc.                          Salem, NH.  03079
                                                    (603) 898-1100
<[email-masked]>                             (603) 893-8058 [fax]
                   Verilog! see http://www.wellspring.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".