Subject: Re: library ll could not be found
From: [email-masked] (Paul Garceau)

15 Sep 1998 16:16:30 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

Hi folks,

On 14 Sep 98, at 14:44, the Illustrious Richard Hellicar (EML) wrote:

> I'm trying to compile hp2xx using gcc egcs-1.0.2.

	Before you get too far into that, you might want to download the latest 
EGCS (v1.1) and use it instead...in the meantime:

> 
> Compilation goes fine, but at run-time, I get an NT error message saying
> "The dynamic link library ll could not be found in the specified path".
> However, I do not reference a library called "libll" at link time:

	hmmm...this sounds familiar ;-)

		Have you dumped the object code yet?  Whether you have or not, 
this is something that EGCS-1.0.2 is known for doing.  It means that some 
symbols, (those listed in the object dump under ll.dll) are assumed to be 
defined in one place (lib files I think), but not the other (.dll files).  You may 
have to create a special .dll to compensate for this.

	That is my best guess, I am sure that Mumit Khan can probably tell you 
more about this than I can.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Information Systems Consultant
NewDawn Productions
http://www.teleport.com/~pgarceau/newdawn/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".