Subject: RE: X
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

15 Sep 1998 11:58:17 -0700
Message-ID: <01BDE092.E1FE7A40.cygnus.gnu-win32@sos>
To: "'Michael Weiser'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Michael Weiser wrote:
> Are there any plans to merge the three versions? IMHO it would be nice
> to have your latest changes, Andy's XEmacs changes and Arlindo's fvwm2
> in one package for example. :)

We have different goals. Andy provides X libraries as a part of Xemacs 
build/runtime environment. I don't want to mix different packages in a 
favor of modularity. For example, ported lesstiff and fvwm2 may be runned 
with R6.4 libraries without recompilation.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".