Subject: RE: X
From: [email-masked] (Parker, Ron)

15 Sep 1998 09:39:31 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
	boundary="---- =_NextPart_000_01BDDFEB.BD06E59A"
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------ =_NextPart_000_01BDDFEB.BD06E59A
Content-Type: text/plain

At the very least, many individuals prefer to retain X11R6.3 instead 
of the newer version. This is due to The Open Group's new, more 
restrictive licensing, see http://www.xfree86.org for more detail.

I am uncertain as to the reason for two X11R6.3 ports.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 1998 8:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: X

Hello folks,

I'm just wondering why there are three ports of X11 to cygwin32.
There's X11R6.3 ported by Andy Piper and Arlindo da Silva and X11R6.4
ported by Sergey Okhapkin. As I want to include something about that
in the mini FAQ: Could someone (especially the porters of course :)
explain me, why they exist and which one is going to be the 'standard'
X11 package for cygwin32. Also I would like to know, which one is the
most advanced and/or newbie-friendly. I would also be interested in
pages where configuration information for cygwin32 can be found.

Thanks in advance.
-- 
bye, Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message
to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

------ =_NextPart_000_01BDDFEB.BD06E59A
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------ =_NextPart_000_01BDDFEB.BD06E59A--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".