Subject: Egcs 1.1 having trouble with 'typename'?
From: [email-masked] (Michael D. Hill)

15 Sep 1998 07:24:23 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: <[email-masked]>

Environment: Win95, Cygwin32 19.1, latest Coolview, Egcs 1.1

Folks...

I have a small program that was compiling okay with egcs 1.0.2.  I've just
upgraded to 1.1 and the compiler's having a hard time, seemingly in coping
with the typename keyword.  Here's the first couple of compile erros I'm
getting:

c:\\USR\\H-I386~1\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\2.7-B19\\../../../../../include/
g++/stl_iterator.h:319: parse error before `&'
c:\\USR\\H-I386~1\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\2.7-B19\\../../../../../include/
g++/stl_iterator.h:319: `back_insert_iterator<Container>::operator =(...)' must
take exactly one argument

In both of these locations a typename is being identified or used.  

I just *know* this is something silly, and that I'm gonna be embarassed when
I realize what silly compiler switch or #define or whatever that I should be
using.  But meanwhile, I'm desperate enough to ask out loud:  Does the egcs
1.1 actually have support for typename and explicit, and is it possible my
stl_config.h isn't set up right?

Thanks!
Hill

+------------------------------------------------------------+
|Michael Hill --   <[email-masked]>	                     |
|Consultant, Developer, Teacher, Coach	                     |
|I will translate patterns-related postscript papers to .pdf |
|for anyone.  E-mail me for instructions.                    |
+------------------------------------------------------------+

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".