Subject: b19: include path flag problem
From: [email-masked] (Aaron Stromas)

15 Sep 1998 03:46:18 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

hi,

i've just installed the cygwin32 b19 on nt and i'm attempting to compile
a file that has the following includes:

    #include <nsacl/aclapi.h>
    #include <certmap.h>

in my Makefile i have

    CC              = /usr/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/gcc
    srcdir          = .

    CFLAGS          = -g
    INCLUDE_CFLAGS  =
-I/Netscape/certmap/include-I/Netscape/SuiteSpot/include \
    -I/Netscape/SuiteSpot/plugins/sldap/slapi/include -I.
    INTERNAL_CFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) ${INCLUDE_CFLAGS} $(USER_CFLAGS)

     certinfo:
     ${CC} -c ${INTERNAL_CFLAGS} certinfo.c

the certmap.h includes ldap.h:

    #ifndef _PUBLIC_CERTMAP_H
    #define _PUBLIC_CERTMAP_H

    #include <ldap.h>

    #ifndef NSAPI_PUBLIC
    #if defined( _WINDOWS ) || defined( _WIN32 ) || defined( XP_WIN32 )
    #define NSAPI_PUBLIC __declspec(dllexport)
    #else
    #define NSAPI_PUBLIC
    #endif
    #endif
.....

it appears that  the compiler fails to find the ldap.h

    bash-2.01$ make
    /usr/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/gcc -c -g
-I/Netscape/certmap/include -I/Net
    scape/SuiteSpot/include
-I/Netscape/SuiteSpot/plugins/sldap/slapi/include -I.
    certinfo.c
    In file included from certinfo.c:14:
    /Netscape/certmap/include/certmap.h:4: ldap.h: No such file or
directory
    make: *** [certinfo] Error 1
    bash-2.01$

the ldap.h is where it should be found, i see no errors in the path

    bash-2.01$ ls /Netscape/certmap/include/certmap.h
    /Netscape/certmap/include/certmap.h
    bash-2.01$

if i'm overlooking somethig obviuos, i aplogise for wasting the
bandwidth.
--
Aaron Stromas     |   "Tick-tick-tick!!!... ja, Pantani is weg...."
Oracle Corp.        |       BRTN commentator, L'Alpe d'Huez, 1995 Tour
de France
+1 703 917 48 72  |

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".