Subject: Re: [ANN] optimised bash for cygwin
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

14 Sep 1998 00:12:12 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi

    >> There is now a modified bash executable available from Sergey's
    >> web page:

    >> 	http://www.lexa.ru/sos

    >> This is a modified bash 2.02.1 that includes optimisations to
    >> increase performance (by doing a spawn instead of a fork/exec
    >> under some conditions). It also contains modifications by Chris
    >> Faylor that prevent bash pausing to look for mail, and address
    >> other problems related to the HOME environment variable not
    >> being set.

Will these changes show up in upcoming releases of bash ??? Or is it a
one time only modification ?? For example will these modifications
show up in the upcoming cygnus b20 release ?

Ciao
  Volker

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".