Subject: Re: Introduction and request
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

12 Sep 1998 03:25:20 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <c=UK%a=_%p=Origin-it%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: "Humphris, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

On Thu, Sep 10, 1998 at 12:10:35PM +0100, Humphris, Robert wrote:
[...]
> In so much that I have used Cygnus's C/C++ compiler within Tornado on NT
> for vxWorks, I want to build a cross compiler for various different
> chips so that I can create do my embedded system work.  Is there an FAQ
> or readme that will give me the necessary information on how to do this?
> 
> Rob Humphris
> Software Engineer
> Origin-UK Technical Automation
> [email-masked]
> +44 (0)1223 394452

Your best choice :-) would be to purchase a support agreement from
Cygnus for the processor type of your choice which would get you two
regression-tested binary distributions a year on CD-ROM plus
high-quality technical support (fast turn-around times on problem
reports).  The support is probably most of what you'd be actually
paying for; it's absolutely critical for a lot of people.  But the
regression testing against target processors is pretty valuable too.
(If you have questions pertaining to our product line, please send
some email to [email-masked]).

Or you could try to use the latest gnu-win32 distribution (after
installing the EGCS compiler from Mumit) to build a Win32 x
processor-type from the latest EGCS sources...

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".