Subject: defining _win32: was: I: gcc ... -U_WIN32 ... may cause problems
From: [email-masked] (Craig Nelson)

12 Sep 1998 00:53:14 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

> I am the silly b* who started this thread.  I am, sort of, sorry I did :-)
> To brig it back to the original intent or kill it, rather than start another, 

We are no longer talking about just the stat call, and possibly stuff in the
compiler headers, but more about the applications that are out there (that use
the _WIN32 and unix defines without realizing they are not necessarily mutually
exclusive.

The authors of these programs are not necessarily aware that both could be 
defined at the same time, so when they write their #ifdef's they write them
to *assume* that the #defines *are* mutually exclusive.

We are looking for a solution such that we do not have to modify 3rd party
source code to use them.

Craig Nelson, Cameo Systems Inc. 
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".