Subject: Re: I: gcc ... -U_WIN32 ... may cause problems
From: [email-masked]

11 Sep 1998 20:06:06 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

In a message dated 9/11/98 6:38:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes:

> changes I had to make to the sources was commenting out the _WIN32
>  stuff because I like to make the Unix versions

Seems to me that's an anti-cygwin32 "feature" of the source code.  They've
overlooked the possibility of systems supporting both WinAPI and Unix style.
We do need to be able to express a preference for WinAPI calls, whether
running under cygwin32 or not, and, further, to use WinAPI calls in some cases
when not running under NT.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".