Subject: B20 status
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

11 Sep 1998 14:51:21 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Hi everyone,

It's probably time to update you all on b20 status.  EGCS 1.1 is out
as most of you all know now.  The compiler in b20 is definitely going
to be based on EGCS 1.1, probably with all of Mumit's patches applied.
I am also expecting to include the patches to the windres resource
compiler and to the Win32 header files.

We've been putting the Cygwin32 DLL through some major rewriting
again.  Stability is now at least pretty much back to where it was so
things are looking fairly good on the DLL front.  We still need a
little more testing of the new stuff but that shouldn't take too long
I hope.

In user tools land, ash no longer has the quoting bug that plagued
builds of several tools in b19.  And, thanks to Chris Faylor's recent
patches, bash should no longer be causing the annoying pauses that
it feels like almost everyone complained about on the list at some
point.  :-)

If I were to guess at the release date, I would say early in October.
I'll keep you posted...

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".