Subject: XTerm issues.
From: [email-masked] (Ilsundal)

11 Sep 1998 04:50:22 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hello, here are a few things I've run into with XTerm, and am wondering if
there are any solutions.

This is what's been bothering me the most -- when I am in an XTerm, if I
run any text application such as pico, edit.com, etc., the display for the
program goes to whatever cygnus bash session window I invoked the Xterm
from, or the cygnus bash session window I invoked my window manager from.
This is very annoying, and makes the use of XTerms quite useless.  

Another thing I was wondering was, is there any way to tell xterm which
type of shell to use?  I know that's a bit confusing, but here's what I'm
trying to do.  I made a copy of the cygnus.bat file, and called it
xterm.bat.  I replaced the last line "bash" with "xterm" and set my
display variables within the batch file.  XTerm pops up fine, although
there's nothing within it.  It's basically just a blank screen.  The
reason I want to do this, is so I can make an "xterm" icon on my desktop,
which gives me the ability to run xterms, without having to invoke a text
dos window, load cygnus, and then run an xterm.  That's just too much work
to be doing. :) 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".