Subject: Re: *.COM file execution
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

11 Sep 1998 02:33:34 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi

    >> The necessary support in Cygwin32 is fixed in the development
    >> sources / next major release:

    >>         * spawn.cc (perhaps_suffix): If report_failure_p is
    >> non-zero this function will search for (PROG is the pathname to
    >> the executable file) PROG.exe, PROG, PROG.com, PROG.bat, and
    >> PROG.cmd and return either the full path name if found or NULL
    >> if not.  (spawn_guts): If the file name of the executable end
    >> in either .exe, .com, .bat, or .cmd we assume that it is not a
    >> script file and therefore do not open the file to determine if
    >> it is.

Is it possible to include the .btm extension for the 4NT command
interpreter fans. Here the description of a btm file from the
online-help of the 4NT command interpreter:

BTM File:  A special type of 4NT batch file which is loaded into memory to speed up execution.

Thanks and Ciao
   Volker

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".