Subject: Re: I: gcc ... -U_WIN32 ... may cause problems
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

11 Sep 1998 02:20:00 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi

    >> The `argument' I have for removing the _WIN32 from cygwin32
    >> (I'll live with mingw32) is that there exists code that already
    >> has some porting to WIN32 and it gets in the way of wanting to
    >> build the __UNIX__ version under WIN32.  Since this is the goal
    >> of the Cygnus Project then it would be best served to remove
    >> the definitions of _WIN32.

I agree with Earnie, I ported a couple of programs and the only
changes I had to make to the sources was commenting out the _WIN32
stuff because I like to make the Unix versions.

Ciao
  Volker

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".