Subject: Re: B19.1/bash2.01.1: strange behaviour (NT)
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

11 Sep 1998 00:14:57 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

---Chris Hemsing <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> To whom it may concern,
> 
> 1) My home is //Z/Myname; a simple cd takes me there. If I type cd ..,
> then pwd says //Z, BUT an ls shows me that I'm still in my home
> directory. Z is mapped on some share.

This is a emulation bug.  Here is the `why' behind this bug.  The //Z
is the cygwin replacement for DOS Z:.  Under dos if you are at
Z:/Myname and type Z: you remain in Z:/Myname.  This then is the
problem with the cygwin cd.  Cygwin is stripping the path name
removing right most basename including the / and when it calls chdir
it will do the same as typing Z: under dos.  The fix would be to leave
the right most /.

> 2) If I'm on //Z/Myname a cd /etc says : No such file or directory,
> BUT cd /;cd /etc works.

What does you mount table look like?  I don't have that problem.

> 3) My historyfile is correctly ~/.bash_history; every time I leave
bash
> the commands are correctly appended to .bash_history,
> BUT when starting a bash it does not know any hiostory command.

Don't have an answer for this.  Maybe bashes readline library wasn't
set to load it.

==
-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".