Subject: Window Managers for cygwin32 [WAS: Window Managers + XFree under '98.]
From: [email-masked] (Gary V. Vaughan)

11 Sep 1998 00:14:56 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Joe Stewart <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Joe Stewart wrote:
> [[snip]]
>
> Has anyone been able to compile and run any other non-standard window managers
> on gnu-win32 like KDE, Gnome or Afterstep?
> I've made an attempt at KDE but I'm running into problems before I even get
> there, trying to compile the Qt library it requires.
> 
> Any other experiences out there?

Yup.  I have to work on an M$ OS at work, but have been trying to
recreate the L&F of my linux box from home which is Debian 2.0, w/
enlightenment && gnome.
Having burned several weeks of free time on this, things are starting to
come together... I now have an E-0.15 snapshot from 19980904 running
quite well (albeit v. slowly!) with cygwin32 on NT4.0SP3.

Before that I got WindowMaker 0.19 working... it has no where near as
many library dependencies as E, so was easier to port, but it seemed to
crash every 4 or 5 hours.

Before that, I was using someone elses port of AfterStep which I found
on the web.

I can post some details if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
	Gary V. Vaughan
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".