Subject: Re: newbie win95 bash crash problem
From: [email-masked]

10 Sep 1998 17:32:16 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

In a message dated 9/9/98 9:35:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes:

> For example if I type "dc" at the
>  comand prompt instead of "cd" it will comeback "command not found"  and
give 
> me
>  a new prompt maybe 3 times in a row, and on the fourth time it hangs win95.
>  Sometimes it hangs on the first try, sometimes on the third, 
The FAQ points out that installing USB, if possible, greatly improves on this
situation.  I find also that this enables bash to replace ash, the same as
under NT.  Hard to believe, but one of the components, the NT kernel driver,
apparently gives a small but needed boost in NT compatibility.  The down side
is having to remove USB before refreshing the OS, and to replace USB
afterwards before getting all the drivers back.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".