Subject: Re: I: gcc ... -U_WIN32 ... may cause problems
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

10 Sep 1998 11:48:26 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>, gw32 <[email-masked]>

On Tue, Sep 08, 1998 at 04:56:32AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
[...]
> The `argument' I have for removing the _WIN32 from cygwin32 (I'll live
> with mingw32) is that there exists code that already has some porting
> to WIN32 and it gets in the way of wanting to build the __UNIX__
> version under WIN32.  Since this is the goal of the Cygnus Project
> then it would be best served to remove the definitions of _WIN32.

Cygwin32 wants to allow both Unix and Win32 API calls.  Although I
see the appeal in making it possible to express a preference for one
or the other, I don't think overloading "_WIN32" is the right
solution.  "_WIN32" means "access to the Win32 API" to me, something
that the Cygwin32 configuration permits.

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".