Subject: Window Managers under Windows
From: [email-masked] (Ilsundal)

8 Sep 1998 21:57:12 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hello,

Many people have ported XFree over to cygwin32, which include xterm, rxvt,
xclock, etc., which all perform flawlessly with a Windows X Server, but I
cannot seem to get another window manager running.  I get a generic"
Cannot load, another WM is running;" I'm assuming this other WM that is
running is infact Windows itself, but I've noticed many people porting
popular window managers over to windows using cygwin32, one of them being
Afterstep.  I'm assuming that considering people have taken time to port
these window managers over to windows, that they do infact function -- any
ideas on how to go about using one without getting that error message?  If
it helps any, I'm running cygwin32 b19, and Windows 98.

Thanks,

Ilsundal

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".