Subject: Re: Installshield
From: [email-masked] (Michael Richardson)

7 Sep 1998 20:06:30 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

>>>>> "Hugh" == Hugh Winkler <[email-masked]> writes:
    Hugh> I would like to second, third, and fourth the sentiments others have
    Hugh> expressed here, that Cygnus ought to dump Installshield in favor of a zip
    Hugh> file, a .reg file, and a README describing changes to make to scripts in
    Hugh> case you install somewhere besides the default.

  I agree that the ZIP file and friends should be there. I suggest that if
there is any desire to have InstallSheild available that it should simply
install a program that knows how to run unzip, edit the above file and
display the README... That way you get the best of both worlds.

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |For a better connected world,where data flows faster<tm>
 Personal: <A HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html">[email-masked]</A>. PGP key available.
 Corporate: <A HREF="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>. 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".