Subject: Re: DLL load error: "not a 32-bit library"
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

5 Sep 1998 17:54:43 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Marc Houyoux <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Marc Houyoux wrote:

> 
> I have successfully created a DLL using the example makefile on Fergus
> Henderson's web pages that I found from previous posts to this list. I
> needed to add the library libf2c.a to the list of libraries because there
> is a Fortran program in the library, and this worked fine for compiling.

Try out my dllhelpers package which includes both f77 examples and some
extra tools (dllwrap and enhanced dlltool) that makes creating DLLs rather
trivial.

If you're using cygwin32 b19.x, you should look at the dllinit.c in the
examples mentioned above; it uses DECLARE_CYGWIN_DLL macro which is
necessary in most cases for working DLLs.

If you're using egcs-1.1 (released just a few days ago), the correct
version of dllwrap and dlltool are included; if you're using
egcs-1.0.2, then you need to download the dllhelpers package; if you're
using the cygb19 supplied compilers and binary utilities (ie., as, ld,
etc), then all bets are off -- these are too old and too buggy for
anything ambitious.

for egcs-1.1/cygwin32:
  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/
or,
  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin32/egcs-1.1/

for dllhelpers:
  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/
  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/dllhelpers.html
or,
  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin32/misc/

dllhelpers is a set of DLL examples in C, C++ and F77 and supplies a few
programs to help create these DLLs.

If you still have trouble, you can email me your testcase and I'll take
a look.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".