Subject: B19.1: Win NT 4.0 gawk bug
From: [email-masked] (Charles Cox)

5 Sep 1998 06:39:18 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I am unable to get gawk to work with the following command line:

diff binarydata/400bongsrdsr binarydata/hfbongsrtest | awk -f differ.fil
| xargs error.exe

differ.fil contains the following line:

{ if ( NF > 0 ) { print "binarydata/dolbytonesrdsr " $3 " " $5 } else {
print "nul" } }

error.exe is a gcc (cygnus) compiled executable.  The two files being
diffed are just binary data files.  My problem arises in the else {
print "nul" } branch of the differ.fil file command line.  Cygnus
returns the following error message:

(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) Dumping stack trace to
error.exe.core

The contents of error.exe.core are:

(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) Exception trapped!
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) exception C0000005 at 10046D64

(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) exception: ax 6C756E bx 0 cx
401040 dx 0
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) exception: si 240FE30 di
2420BD8 bp 240C304 sp 240C300
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) exception is:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) Stack trace:
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) frame 0: sp = 0x240C02C, pc =
0x1000A250
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) frame 1: sp = 0x240C150, pc =
0x77F94512
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) frame 2: sp = 0x240C174, pc =
0x77F88EEB
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) frame 3: sp = 0x240C200, pc =
0x77F76266
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) frame 4: sp = 0x240C304, pc =
0x4012E3
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) frame 5: sp = 0x240FE14, pc =
0x10006B89
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) frame 6: sp = 0x240FF94, pc =
0x10006B9C
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) frame 7: sp = 0x240FFA0, pc =
0x4021A6
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) frame 8: sp = 0x240FFB0, pc =
0x40103A
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) frame 9: sp = 0x240FFC0, pc =
0x77F1B304
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) frame 10: sp = 0x240FFF0, pc =
0x0
(C:\working\dsr\testfiles\error.exe 1034) End of stack trace

I have not looked at this bug, but it seems to be fairly significant.

Thanks.
Charles Cox
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".