Subject: Linking against .lib libraries
From: [email-masked] (Serge Torres)

5 Sep 1998 05:11:49 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I'm trying to build a dll wich has a code written and compiled with cygwin32
and at the last stage has to be linked it a .lib library from Microsoft.

I need this combination to create a dll that implements new extended
procedures
in MS SQLSERVER.

I have manged to link to the library but I get a lot of warnings ("ignoring
duplicate  section `.text`" as mentioned, in a not very different context by
Berend Ozceri from Istanbul.

The dll is definetly unworkable, it will not be loaded by SQL SERVER and
when viewed under an hex editor will show a lot of source code included.

I think I've understood that .lib file format is not compatible with .a 
format.

Is it ture ? Is it really impossible to link cygwin (egcs 2.0.1) generated
against .lib libraries ? Is it really hopeless ? I would not like to have
to move back to VC.

Thanks

Serge Torres
Centre National de Documentation Pedagogique

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".