Subject: accessing gnuwin dll's from other compiler
From: [email-masked] (Juergen Bausa)

5 Sep 1998 01:46:12 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I think this problem was reported earlier but I couldn't find any solution
in the archives.

I have dll created with the cygnus port of gvv (libx11.dll). I want to use
it from my c-programm (I use the rsx-port of gcc). I got the headers for
the function in that library, I got the cygwinb19.dll, and I created the
import-library for libx11.dll. However, when I run my program I get a
protection fault, if I call any routine from libx11.dll. I think the
problem is, that cygwinb19.dll is not properly initialized, if I use it
from a program not compiled with the cygnus-gcc. But I think there must be
a way to do so. There maust be a procedure in cygwinb19.dll which I can
call in order to initialize it. But what is the name of the procedure and
how can I call it? Or is there any other way to use cygnus dll's with other
compilers?

Juergen
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".