Subject: B19.1 Long pause occurs randomly in bash
From: [email-masked] (Jim Clark)

4 Sep 1998 20:14:34 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

From the FAQ for 19.1:

Long pause occurs randomly in bash
==================================

   It has been reported that bash will hang for several seconds upon
occasion.  We are looking into this problem.  It does not seem to occur
when bash is started under a command prompt.  Reportedly, if you
specify the 'Start in' directory in the shortcut, the problem goes away.

Observation:

If I set the 'Start in' directory in the shortcut for bash to either
"C:\" or "/", I will get long pauses (not so randomly) in bash.
If I set the 'Start in' directory in the shortcut properties to any
other directory (eg, "/home"), the problem seems to go away.

Setup:  Windows NT 4.0 SR3, AMD K6 PC

Jim.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".