Subject: Runtime error: Entry point not found
From: [email-masked] (A. F. Cano)

2 Sep 1998 05:11:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

After finally solving all the compile and link problems, I now encounter
the following error popup at runtime.

   The procedure entry point <thick vertical bar character> could not
   be located in the dynamic link library SMAPI.dll

				[ok]

This minimal program was compiled with cygwin b19 and uses, as can be
seen from above, the smapi.lib (explicitely included in the makefile)
and SMAPI.dll from the IBM ViaVoice speech recognition product.
There are many link warnigs like this

/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/bin/ld.exe: /ViaVoice/lib/smapi.lib\
 (SMAPI.dll): warning: ignoring duplacate section `.idata$5'

but no errors.

Has anyone seen this before?  Is someone aware of some parameter, option
or magic incantation that could make this problem go away? Things to try?

I've searched through the archives of this ML and the cygwin FAQ file with
no luck.

Thanks.  I'll summarize responses not sent to the list.

Augustine Cano
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".