Subject: trouble with X11R6.3 precompiled binaries
From: [email-masked] (Michael Smart)

1 Sep 1998 21:29:41 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

I'm trying to use the X11R6 binaries from 
http://dao.gsfc.nasa.gov/software/grads/X11R6.3/.

The problem: running any X client in the distribution, except rxvt, results in a 
"STATUS ACCESS VIOLATION" and a core dump.  rxvt works, apparently.

Particulars: cygwin b19.1 with egcs-1.02 installed, and the MI/X free X server.  

I am quite unfamiliar with X windows, so any basic advice would be gratefully 
received.

thanks,
Michael Smart

--
Michael Smart                                         (416) 978-5119 (bus)
University of Toronto Economics                             978-5519 (fax)
140 St. George Street, 7th floor
Toronto ON M5S 3G6 Canada             http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~msmart
==========================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".