Subject: Re: Best Directory Structure ?
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

30 Aug 1998 19:58:15 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Laurent,

[...]
>Below H-i386-cygwin32 i have :
>
>drwxr-xr-x 162 544      Aucun           0 Jun 18 11:30 bin/
>drwxr-xr-x  35 544      Aucun           0 Aug 18 18:00 c/
>drwxr-xr-x   7 544      Aucun           0 Aug 20 15:55 etc/
>drwxr-xr-x   5 544      Aucun           0 Apr 22 21:47 i386-cygwin32/
>drwxr-xr-x  18 544      Aucun           0 Apr 22 21:47 lib/
>drwxr-xr-x   7 544      Aucun           0 Apr 22 21:47 libexec/
>
>So, if i understand, I mount/copy/move bin/ to /usr/bin, etc/ to /usr/etc,
>i386-cygwin32 to /usr/i386-cygwin32, lib/ to /usr/lib and libexec/ to
>/usr/libexec...
>but what for i386-cygwin32/include and the include directory "up" to
>H-i386-cygwin ?
>wich one goes to /usr/include and which one to /usr/local/include ?

I setup my complete tree below c:\; I then (don't know the exact source
paths, but you should get the idea) moved everything below
..../H-i386-cygwin32/bin to /usr/bin
..../H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/bin to /usr/bin
..../H-i386-cygwin32/etc to /etc
..../H-i386-cygwin32/include to /usr/include
..../H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include to /usr/include
..../H-i386-cygwin32/lib to /usr/lib
..../H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib to /usr/lib
..../H-i386-cygwin32/libexec to /usr/libexec

There was no problem to move things from the i386-cygwin32 tree to the
/usr directories.

I then put all my own things into a dir structure below /usr/local, so I
have /usr/local/bin, /usr/local/etc, ...

>
>In the upper one i have subdirs X11 and g++, on a hpux box g++ goes down
>/usr/local/lib and X11 down /usr/local/X11R5/include/ so I  suppose that i
>can mount
>/usr/local/include to d:\Cygnus\B19\include right ?

I really tried to avoid mounting things around.
So I have only two or three mounts hanging around for completely
different things, such as my home directory.

[...]
>I should take a look at that old debian box in the cable room ;-)

Jepp :)

>
>TIA
>
>Laurent Dehoey

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".