Subject: make
From: [email-masked] (Kevin Watt)

29 Aug 1998 23:36:17 -0700
Message-ID: <001701bdd3bc$676f4620$f143fea9.cygnus.gnu-win32@kevin>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0014_01BDD381.B52B5600"
To: <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BDD381.B52B5600
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Greetings, I just recently installed the cdk kit, and was hoping to use =
its make utility to build perl/tk 800.010.  But, anytime I use make =
makefile, i get a "

makefile:632: *** missing separator.  Stop.

" error, and it's quite frustrating!  I've tried changing the MAKE_MODE =
env var. to UNIX, but the problem still occurs.  I have tested this with =
many makefiles and I get the same problem, if on a different line.

An additional problem I get when creating the makefile for tk800 with =
perl makefile.pl, is it saying "

Test Compiling config/signedchar.c
Bad command or file name

Test Compiling config/Ksprintf.c
Bad command or file name

"  is it looking for my gcc in the wrong place or something?  It seems =
to write all the dependancies ok and everything else.

Thanks for the help,
Kevin Watt

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BDD381.B52B5600
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D'"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' name=3DGENERATOR>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Greetings, I just recently installed =
the cdk=20
kit, and was hoping to use its make utility to build perl/tk =
800.010.&nbsp;=20
</FONT><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>But, anytime I use make makefile, =
i get a=20
&quot;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>makefile:632: *** missing =
separator.&nbsp;=20
Stop.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>&quot; error, and it's quite =
frustrating!&nbsp;=20
I've tried changing the MAKE_MODE env var. to UNIX, but the problem =
still=20
occurs.&nbsp; I have tested this with many makefiles and I get the same =
problem,=20
if on a different line.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>An additional problem I get when =
creating the=20
makefile for tk800 with perl makefile.pl, is it saying =
&quot;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Test Compiling =
config/signedchar.c</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Bad command or file =
name</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Test Compiling =
config/Ksprintf.c</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Bad command or file =
name</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>&quot;&nbsp; is it looking for my =
gcc in the=20
wrong place or something?&nbsp; It seems to write all the dependancies =
ok and=20
everything else.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Thanks for the help,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Kevin =
Watt</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BDD381.B52B5600--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".