Subject: BUG: umount / && mount d:/ / doesn't work.
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

28 Aug 1998 22:40:34 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: gw32 <[email-masked]>

I've just found that in order to change the root directory to
something other than c:\ that I must use regedt32 and modify the key
value.

I found this bug when trying to explain the process to someone else. 
I modified my mounted root directory with `umount / && mount d:/ /'
and found that it did the umount and immediately pointed the / to c:
so that when it executed the mount command mount complained about a
`busy device'.  I tried this sequence also under MSDOS with nothing
else running and got the same results.

This used to work in b18, so if I were looking for the problem (which
I won't be) I would look at the code that changed for the addition of
the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry entry.

==
-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".