Subject: too large c++ executable
From: [email-masked] (Axel Schmitz-Tewes)

28 Aug 1998 10:01:20 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: gnuwin-forum <[email-masked]>

Hi,

first I must say that I am a totally gnu-c++ beginner.I use
cyg-win32B19. I started it because it seems very std-conform to me.
But one thing is very astonishing for me. some little programs (very
little) take for example

#include<iostream>
main()
{
    cout << "Hello";
}

make executables of about 300KB.(my watcom produces about 20KB
executable). So I make big mistakes
in the setting. Can anybody explain which?

Thank you for your help,

Axel

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".