Subject: B19.1: bug using 'cd' in sh.exe
From: [email-masked] (Eric Holter)

26 Aug 1998 20:45:37 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

hello,
i found that since bash.exe spawns sh.exe when one shell script calls
another, baffeling behavior results when sh.exe behaves differently from
bash.exe.  in one case, i found that bash.exe can handle doing 'cd
d:/src' but sh.exe cannot handle this syntax.  instead, you must do 'cd
//d/src' or something similar.

futhermore, if you are currently in a directory like '//d/src', and you
try typing 'cd //d' from the bash.exe command prompt, you find that you
didn't really change directories at all after the 'cd' command.
astoundingly, doing 'pwd' says '//d', but doing an 'ls' reveals that you
are actually still in '//d/src'.

thanks,
  eric holter
  newpoint technologies inc.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".