Subject: the application wizard
From: [email-masked] (root)

26 Aug 1998 12:06:04 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
To: [email-masked]

One of the big problems for windows programmers is the need to write a huge
amount of code just to open a window in the screen.
You have to register a class, create your window procedure, setup the message
loop, call PostQuitMessage when you are done, etc etc.

lcc-win32 has now a small utility that can help you out: wizard.exe.
Just type wizard at the command prompt, press 4 times return, and you will have
a 8K source file, that contains all the routine code for creating a window,
opening it, managing the status bar and the informative messages in it about
your menu, icon, etc.

The application generated can be a SDI (single document: just one window), or
MDI (multiple document, frame+child windows), or a dll.

You can add a status bar, and I am planning toolbar support, but this is not
done yet.

You can generate the dll skeleton too, if you wish.

The design is template based. There is a set of templates in \lcc\lib\wizard,
that will be used to generate the code. This are just plain text files, so
you can customize them (within limits) to fit your standards.

The code is generic, and should work with any windows compiler, mingw32 included
though I have tested it only with lcc and msvc.

Available at no cost from:
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32
Enjoy!
-- 
Jacob Navia	Logiciels/Informatique
41 rue Maurice Ravel			Tel 01 48.23.51.44
93430 Villetaneuse 			Fax 01 48.23.95.39
France
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".