Subject: B19.1: virtual memory exhausted during make under Win95 resp. Win NT4
From: [email-masked]

24 Aug 1998 16:01:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

during compilation of MICO an error occured as described shortly in
thesubject. To explain you in detail what's happened, I present
the complete error szenario. I installed the GNU-Win32  Beta 19 under
Windows95 and Windows NT4 in the default directory. After that
I also installed the update to B19.1. The application I wanted to compile
was MICO in version 2.1.1

(available at:  http://www.vsb.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/~mico/ ).

I started the make process with the configure script and after that I
started make. There was no error until the file "orb.cc" was compiled.
The following message appeared on screen:

c++  -I. -I../include -I/Cygnus/b19/mico/./include/ministl -O
-fno-exceptions
  -c orb.cc -o orb.o
(c:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\cc1plus.exe
 106
5) commit_and_inc: VirtualAlloc failed
orb.cc: In function `static class CORBA::ORB * CORBA::ORB_init(int &, char
**, c
onst char *)':
orb.cc:1686: virtual memory exhausted
make[1]: *** [orb.o] Error 1
make: *** [system] Error 1
bash-2.01$

This error seems to be an error from GNU-Win32, isn't it? If yes, what has
to be done to compile MICO completely? Is there a patch to
cc1plus.exe?

When answering, please send a copy of this answer to
[email-masked]'.

Thank you,

Martin Hubert

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".