Subject: Re: Use the native Symlinks.
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

24 Aug 1998 14:20:54 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
Henry J. Cobb <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Why add the concepts of hard and soft links to an operating system that
>already has soft links?  (And that's all you need really, if you drop
>the flawed concept that the "operating environment" can hide the true
>line end markers.)
>
>What symbolic links on eNp-Ty?  They're called shortcuts here.
>
>Simply tune the DLL to parse whatever.lnk files and treat them the same
>as Posixstan symbolic links and change the LN.EXE program to create
>shortcuts.
>
>The result is a "filesystem tree" that's browsable from both the GNU
>and eNp-Ty sides.

Check out the mailing list archive.  You're not the first person to
bring this up.
-- 
[email-masked]             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson Canada